PRINCIPLES OF DEVELOPMENT
Development follows certain principles up on which the developmental theories are based. Fundamental principles are listed follow.
- Development is a product of the interaction between heredity and environment.
- Development is a product of the interaction between maturation and learning.
- It is gradual and continuous.
- It follows an orderly sequence.
- It is a cumulative process.
- Development is an individualized process.
- It proceeds from general to specific.
- Different aspects of development are interrelated.
- Development is predictable.
- It is not a linear function but it is spiral.